26 Oct 2022 QUICK BITS OCTOBER 2022
Welcome to our Quick Bits section! These are short custom-crafted pieces with practical tips and tricks and latest innovative news snippets.
- Feeling burnt out?
- How to delete all your email on gmail at one to fully declutter your inbox
- App of the month
Feeling burnt out?
There are plenty of reasons for feeling burnt out at work right now, from longer hours to understaffing and side hustles. But there might be one you haven’t thought of: the Alt-Tab toggle.
The stress of toggling between apps with the Alt-Tab buttons may be to blame, study suggests. “How we work is itself a distraction. All day long, we just repeatedly switch between disparate applications.”A study published in August by the Harvard Business Review reported by Bloomberg found workers were toggling between different apps and websites up to 1,200 times a day. This meant employees spend just under four hours a week reorienting themselves after toggling to a new application. Continue reading.
Remember to consider and address the fatigue you might be feeling from operating all these apps.
How to delete all your emails on Gmail at once to fully declutter your inbox
1. Log in to your Gmail account.
2. In the search bar at the top of the screen, type label:read to display all read emails or label:unread to display all unread emails.
3. Click the Select all box to the left of the Refresh button. This will select all emails on the current page — up to 50 emails. To mass delete all emails in this category and not just those on the first page, you can also click Select all conversations that match this search.
4. Then click the Delete icon at the top, which is shaped like a trash can.
App of the Month
CapCut – Video Editor. CapCut offers easy-to-use video editing functions, free in-APP fonts and effects, free advanced features such as keyframe animation, smooth slow-motion, chroma key, and stabilization, to help you capture and snip moments.
Create fancy videos with other unique features: auto captions, text-to-speech, motion tracking, and background removal. Show your personality and go viral on TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Facebook!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.