04 Aug 2017 Web Development Super Hero
A Web Development Super Hero has the opportunity to make a difference by creatively tackling a wide variety of projects that are viewed and used by a large audience. Boredom is never an issue – ideas, thoughts and approaches are valued and welcomed. The work is challenging and diverse. This position offers above-average salary and benefits, work flexibility and comes with significant personal growth and learning opportunities and skill-enhancement potential.
Below are the main mission goals, and a summary of technical and superhuman skills that are required for this position:
Main mission goals
- Assisting in the creation of new websites and maintenance and updating of existing ones both in terms of layout and content.
- Creating designs, wireframes and mock-ups in Adobe Photoshop or similar software
- Matching designs to client specifications and requirements
- Coordinating production with clients and other Super Hero team members
- Installing, updating and maintaining website implementations including underlying CMS.
- Testing websites and web applications
- Improving user interface design for existing websites
- Saving the world one website at a time
Technical skills required
- Ability to fly (ok not all Super Heroes can) but if you can read and respond to email faster than a speeding bullet you’re our hero!
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or similar (Adobe Indesign a plus)
- Familiarity with libraries / frameworks such as one or more of these: jQuery, Bootstrap, ReactJS, AngularJS
- Familiarity with grid design patterns, responsive design and image optimization
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions
- Designing for W3C compliance
- Knowledge of SEO techniques and best practices
- Experience with WordPress and associated themes (knowledge of the Superman theme a must!)
- Knowledge of Internet protocols such as SSH, FTP, SCP and SSL
- Experience with testing tools / platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite or similar
Superhuman skills required
- Visual design and/or programming oriented education or training
- Organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving and solution building skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English (Dutch, Papiamento, Spanish and any intergalactic dialect a plus)
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail (x-ray vision not required but handy)
- Time tracking of work being done (tools will be provided)
- Task management and tracking (tools will be provided)
- Ability to work and coordinate with other Super Heroes as a team and of course have fun within a team
- Good verbal and written communication (also via email which is used extensively, telepathy a plus!)
- Good social skills for team and client interaction (a special protective suit and shield may be required)
So, are you our next Web Development Super Hero?!
If you think you’ve got what it takes to change the world, zap us a note with your CV and tell us why at firstname.lastname@example.org (yep that’s the email address reserved for Super Heroes only!).
A bit about Us
CaribMedia started operating a long time ago (1997) in a galaxy far, far away and currently services a broad array of clients in various sectors. Our team of Super Heroes works together in a friendly and professional environment with a strong spirit of cooperation and support that is carried through to our clients of all shapes, sizes and species.