12 May 2023 QUICK BITS MAY 2023
Welcome to our Quick Bits section! These are short custom-crafted pieces with practical tips and tricks and the latest innovative news snippets.
- A Closer Look at the Exciting Emoji Additions
- 7 Reasons Why AI Will Never Outshine Humans in the Workplace
- App of the month: TIDE
A Closer Look at the Exciting Emoji Additions
Apple has recently rolled out the highly anticipated iOS 16.4 update, delighting users with a diverse set of 31 new emojis. This update brings an array of expressive options to iPhones, iPads, and other Apple devices worldwide. Let’s take a closer look at the exciting additions (note: some of these may not appear if not being viewed on an iOS device or Mac):
Overview of 🆕 New Emojis in iOS 16.4
These new emojis cover a wide range of categories, allowing users to express themselves in various ways. Within the 😃 Smileys & People category, users can enjoy a new Shaking Face emoji, as well as Rightwards Pushing Hand and Leftwards Pushing Hand gestures. These hand gestures also support the standard five skin tone modifier options, although accessing them on the current Apple emoji keyboard requires a future iOS update.
The 💕 Symbols category has received colorful additions, including Pink Heart, Light Blue Heart, and Grey Heart, which fill long-requested gaps in the heart emoji color spectrum. Additionally, this category introduces Khanda, a symbol representing the Sikh faith, and a Wireless icon denoting an internet connection.
For nature enthusiasts, the 🐻 Animals & Nature category offers a delightful selection. Among the new additions are the Donkey, Moose, Goose, Wing, 🐦⬛ BlackBird, Jellyfish, Hyacinth, Pea Pod, and Ginger root. These emojis bring a touch of the natural world to your conversations.
In the 🍔 Food & Drink category, Apple has included a Pea Pod emoji and the root from a Ginger plant. These additions seamlessly blend nature and foodstuff, perfect for discussions on healthy eating or garden-to-table experiences.
Lastly, the ⚽ Activity and 💡 Objects categories provide further diversity. The Activity category introduces a Flute and Maracas.
7 Reasons Why AI Will Never Outshine Humans in the Workplace
In the face of AI’s rapid growth, concerns about job replacement have arisen. However, we will highlights seven reasons why artificial intelligence cannot fully replace humans at work:
- Emotional Intelligence: Humans possess a unique ability to establish emotional connections, a crucial aspect in client interactions that AI cannot replicate. Emotional intelligence requires empathy and a deep understanding of the human experience, including emotions such as pain and suffering. AI lacks the ability to experience such emotions, making it challenging to establish genuine human connections. Smart business owners recognize the importance of appealing to emotions for the growth of their organizations, an area where machines fall short.
- Dependency on Data: AI operates based on inputted data and lacks the flexibility to handle new situations beyond its programming. Unforeseen circumstances or new areas of work that are not included in the data render AI useless. These limitations are prevalent in industries like tech and manufacturing, where AI developers constantly seek temporary workarounds. It is important to dispel the myth that AI can adapt to any situation. The power of human reasoning, analysis, creativity, improvisation, and information gathering cannot be easily replicated by AI.
- Limited Creativity: AI’s creativity is confined to existing data, hindering its capacity for innovation and thinking outside the box. It lacks the ability to generate new ways, styles, or patterns of work beyond the provided templates. AI is designed for repetitive tasks, while creativity and innovation thrive on fresh and novel ideas. Humans possess the ability to think creatively, seek information from diverse sources, and generate solutions to complex problems even in the absence of readily available data. AI’s limited creativity inhibits its potential to replace humans in the workspace.
- Soft Skills: Humans excel in soft skills like teamwork and effective communication, attention to detail, critical and creative thinking, and interpersonal skills. These skills are highly sought after in every industry and are instrumental in professional growth. Humans are capable of developing and applying these skills, while AI lacks the capacity to cultivate soft skills critical for workplace development and collaboration.
- Human Contribution: AI owes its existence to human intelligence and relies on human expertise for design, implementation, and maintenance. As AI continues to advance, the demand for human expertise and services grows in parallel. This fact dispels any speculation about AI overpowering humans in the workplace.
- Complementary Roles: AI complements human abilities and creates new opportunities rather than replacing jobs entirely.
AI’s impact is limited to specific areas, and as workplaces evolve, new roles for humans emerge within an integrated tech landscape. According to a report by the World Economic Forum, while AI will replace approximately 85 million jobs by 2025, it will simultaneously create around 97 million new jobs. The focus should be on collaborating with AI rather than being replaced by it. Forward-thinking organizations are already exploring ways to combine human capabilities with AI to enhance productivity and foster innovation.
- Fact-Checking Requirement: AI often requires human fact-checking due to limitations in common sense and reasoning. Although AI can learn quickly, it lacks common sense and the ability to reason and challenge facts to the extent that humans can. This reliance on human moderation indicates that fact-checking will likely become a significant career in the future, emphasizing the value of human research skills
Rather than fearing AI, individuals should focus on “up-skilling”, staying innovative, and leveraging their distinct human qualities to collaborate effectively with AI. The symbiotic relationship between humans and AI leads to enhanced productivity and innovation, ensuring humans remain indispensable in the evolving world of work.
Discover TIDE, the App of the Month designed to enhance focus, productivity, and overall well-being. With its soothing natural soundscapes and integrated Pomodoro technique (a time management method that involves working in focused intervals followed by short breaks), TIDE helps users stay attentive, combat procrastination, and achieve a balanced work-life routine.
By immersing yourself in calming sounds and following structured work-break intervals, you can optimize your productivity and enjoy a more restful sleep. TIDE is available for free on Android, iOS, and as a Google Chrome browser extension, making it easily accessible to users seeking a serene and productive lifestyle. Download TIDE today and embark on a journey of enhanced focus and productivity!
Tide key features
- Focusing sounds
- Pomodoro technique
Download Play Store
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.